Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Newspaper Ad


First Thumbnails


Second Thumbnails

Rough Sketch for Bitmap


Rough Sketch

Final PDF

For my newspaper advertisement, I have created a restaurant called “Home Bistro”. I decided to design it seven inches tall by three column inches wide (5.75 inches). With a budget of $100, the size of this advertisement would cost $84.

3 Column Inches (5.75") wide X 7 inches high=21" X $4/column inch= $84

In the advertisement, I have included the location, phone number, website, and hours of operation. This was to inform the customer of their opportunities to visit. I also included a list of the types of items available: coffee, sandwich, soup, salad, and a bakery. I also included a coupon that says “Buy Any Soup, Salad, or Sandwich Get Large Coffee Free!” This helps entice my target audience: adults looking for a new place to eat. The design for the coupon is to have a black box with the type being in reverse. I also included a slogan that can be used to entice customers into visiting “…simply homemade!” Underneath the coupon included is a suggestion or prompt to “Ask about Catering”.

In my plan for the advertisement, I intend to included a bitmap image on the top left corner. My idea is to draw an image of a coffee cup. I think that this would give the advertisement a feeling of ease and being laid back, enticing them with food that looks, tastes, and smells homemade.

No comments:

Post a Comment